- Who are we?
Renlon Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, whether via this websites or otherwise, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK and European data protection and e-privacy legislation (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is Renlon Limited of Unit 12 Church Road, Mitcham, Surrey CR4 3TD.
- Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our websites www.renlon.co.uk or www.renlon.com (our websites) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you use our websites, search for a product or service, request a survey, request a tender, place an order, engage us to provide services, participate in social media functions on our websites, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our websites. The information you give us may include your name, position, company, contact details (such as address, email address and phone number), your personal preferences, choices and requirements specific to particular requests or services, financial and credit card information, personal description.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our websites we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our websites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, architects, surveyors, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them.
- Legal grounds for collection and use of your personal information
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal information when:
- We have your consent for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (see section 5); and/or
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with operating the websites and our business, in particular:
- responding to your requests and queries;
- carrying out direct marketing;
- providing services and/or information to you;
- transmitting personal information between our group companies for internal administrative purposes;
- hosting and maintaining our websites;
- providing technical support to you;
- preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences; and/or
- ensuring network and information security,
as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms; and/or
- where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us; and/or
- where this is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you (for example to provide goods and/or services to you) or that you have with a third party; and/or
- where this is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, respond to your queries and to provide you with the information, quotation, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to contact you if we consider it necessary if a person applies for the transfer of your guarantee to that other person;
- to contact you prior to or when your guarantee expires to offer you a review and guarantee extension;
- where you have provided us with your contact details, to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. This may be by post, telephone or electronic means (email). If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please let us know when we collect your data or email us at email@example.com, for the attention of the Data Protection Manager, quoting “Opt Out” in the subject line. If you opt out of marketing communication, your visit to and use of the websites and your use of our services will not be affected;
Marketing Opt Out – you are entitled to opt out of marketing communication at any time and free of charge by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of the Data Protection Manager, quoting “Opt Out” in the subject line or by using the “Opt Out” option included in any marketing email or other marketing material received from us.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We may also use any personal information that you provide to us:
- where legally permitted for specific purposes made clear at the point of collection; and/or
- where we otherwise have legal grounds for collection and use of your personal information as explained in more detail in clause 4.
If you choose not to provide personal information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the personal information. Aside from this, your visit to the websites will remain unaffected.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive), where those purposes are compatible.
- Disclosure of your information
Some services that we provide require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with the following third parties:
i) Sharing with our group companies
When a group company intends to use your personal information for a new purpose, they will let you know about this.
ii) Sharing with our service providers
iii) Sharing with other selected third parties
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Renlon Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Renlon Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations, regulators and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud, other criminal offence, credit risk reduction and/or to ensure network and information security.
- How long do we store personal information?
- Where we store your personal data
One of our external third party service providers is based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (at the time of collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you wish to:
- Access, confirm, correct, rectify, update, supplement, anonymise, block, restrict or delete your personal information;
- Object to our use of your personal information;
- Withdraw your consent;
- If you have any questions about our processing of your personal information; or
- If you would like to transfer your personal information from us to another person or business,
Where you request access to your personal information, the information will be provided in writing. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you an administrative fee.
We will provide you with all rights in relation to your personal information to which you are entitled under applicable law. If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your personal information, you can make a complaint to the authority responsible for data protection in the country that you are based. In the UK, the authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office, www.ico.org.uk. Contact details are typically available online, or alternatively you may ask us for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.